What is Wonderware SmartGlance?
Wonderware SmartGlance is a native mobile application used to view real-time data from both on-premises data sources and online data sources. It offers managers and information workers within the manufacturing and process industries secure access to critical process or operational data, metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Wonderware SmartGlance is comprised of three major components:
- SmartGlance Mobile Reporting Connector (MRC) - Needed to aggregate tag data and reporting content from available plant intelligence. This is where you can locally define users and groups and generate lists of reports for each user and group.
- SmartGlance Server
- SmartGlance Mobile Apps - supporting all major modern mobile platforms including Apple iPhone, iPad, Google Android, Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Phone 8, plus full support for push notifications to Smart Watches and other wearable devices.
What’s new in the mobile connecter?
- Faster, better, simpler setup experience with automated IIS features installation and upgraded components.
- Support for Wonderware Historian 2014R2 – Official support for the latest Wonderware Historian with optimized connection quality.
- Firefox Support – Browse the SmartGlance Mobile Reporting Connector 2015 website with any of the latest versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer and now officially, Firefox.
- Automatic backfill for tag reports – Customers can now immediately ‘bulk update’ the SmartGlance server with recent history in order to view full resolution trends right away on their SmartGlance mobile apps.
- Enhanced Support for up to 250K tags from an OPC HDA data source like OSI Pi or Wonderware eDNA process historians.
- Updated look and feel with new branding
- New Help Documentation – Updated help with a more modern look and feel as well as an updated Schneider Electric branding.
- An additional 30+ micro improvements to enhance the overall experience
What’s new in the Mobile App?
Here is a summary of what has been released since April 2015 (Calendar Year Q2).
- Alerts for tabular reports are now supported.
– “What’s New” proactive in-app notification to bring awareness to new features
All mobile platforms
– Search feature (supports Title1 and Title2 values)
– Significant Performance improvements
– Unified log in across Wonderware Online and Wonderware SmartGlance
– Bug fixes and stability improvements
– Several minor user experience enhancements
– MyAlerts now supports international number formats
By Gavin Hughes